Here are the RULES …
• Put the award logo on your blog
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
• Mention the creator of the award
The creator of this award is..Okoto Enigma
• Answer the five questions you were asked
• Tell the readers three things about yourself
• Nominate ten to twenty bloggers (I only did 6)
• Notify the bloggers that you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts
• Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one
• Share a link to your best posts
I am thankful to Dr. Namrata, PhD, Penofhearts.com for nominating me. Her posts are inspirational, creative and provide some very valuable tips as we all learn to stay physically and mentally healthy during the current pandemic. One of my favorite posts of hers was Inspirational Quotations: Success and Failure. I liked her juxtaposition of success and failure and how one is required for the other. My favorite quote from the article, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill. Please visit her blog if you’re looking for answers to questions, or just need a bit of inspiration.
Three Facts About Myself:
- I am a gay, disabled (although I don’t see it that way) 60 something in the finance industry
- I dream of some day owning my own business – my retirement goal!
- I have been blogging since early May.
1. When you started blogging and why?
I used to blog years ago (about 10 actually). My father in law had been diagnosed with brain cancer and we’d already had numerous serious health issues in the family. I needed something at that time to give me a break from the overwhelming life I was living. A hiking blog got both my wife and I out into the woods, to the ocean and exploring places near and far. With COVID-19 rearing it’s ugly head, it was time to blog again, but this time with a bit more shape and purpose. Thus, madtastes.com
2. What really makes you angry?
Cruelty and disregard for life. Mistreatment of animals, abuse and lack of respect for children, lack of consideration and perceived value for the elderly, and all the hate we’re seeing in this world today. I see our job as being stewards of the world, and that means treating every living being with respect, dignity, and a sense of value. Even the little ants, even the people who are mean and seem not to respect me. Cruelty and disregard make my blood boil~
3. What makes you smile?
My heart melts when one of my dogs tucks her head on my shoulder and falls totally asleep. The trust that represents, the comfort she finds in me, makes me smile.
4. What is your favorite place to visit and why?
SOOOO tough. There are a few places in this world where I felt a sense of spirit in the very air itself. Scotland and Arizona. I adore Great Britain, and loved Italy but favorite… I’d have to go with Scotland because of that sense of living self that exists in the air there.
5. What is your favorite memory to date?
My favorite memory. There really isn’t just one. Remembering being with a loved one at their passing to their next chapter. Holding a brand new baby and the feeling of knowing that little one has so much to discover. Seeing a puppy who has been abused, and living in fear finally trust you enough to roll over for a belly rub. Waking up on a cool summer morning knowing I don’t have to go to work today, I have food in the house, a roof over my head, and things that I love to do.
As these awards are created to motivate others for blogging and to give recognition to the bloggers, I would like to nominate few of them. Its not at all compulsory to accept the award but it would be nice if you do. The following blogs are ones I read regularly. I love their creativity, their reflection of their immediate life and what keeps them going, and I also love a good recipe occasionally, surprise! Surprise!
- What is your goal in blogging?
- What makes you laugh?
- If you could give an award to anyone in your life for being the “best friend” why would you give it to them (you don’t need to tell us who it is)
- What is your favorite food and why?
- What do you regret in your life?
Link to My best posts
Hmmm I haven’t been blogging long enough to know which is my best, but maybe the one with the most views?
And the least views:
Popped Quinoa (3 views, but this was an accessory post to a longer post)
And the one that got the most comments on Linked In believe it or not:
#MondayMemories – Cooking with my father (447 views on LinkedIn!)
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. I hope you enjoyed my answers. Hope you all are surviving and enjoying blogging. Thanks in advance if you decide to follow me! Stay happy and healthy.